Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management
The Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management has been developed to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace. This Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management provides the opportunity for Individuals who are working as managers within the construction and built environment sector to demonstrate their competence.
The units in this qualification are derived from the National Occupational Standards.
The requirements are:
The L7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management requires you to select and achieve units across the optional groups which are available. You can select units across these groups, based on an overall rule which ensures you meet the minimum credit value for the qualification.
To achieve this qualification a minimum of 144 credits need to be attained by completing all 7 mandatory units, plus 5 optional units from a minimum of two optional units groups A, B and C.
When selecting optional units you must choose 5 optional units from at least two groups from either Group A, B or C, achieving the minimum total of 56 credits.
The Learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
– Manage teams in construction
– Lead and participate in meetings in construction management
– Provide ethical advice, judgement and service in construction management
– Develop self and others in construction management
– Manage project risks and opportunities in construction
– Manage project processes in construction
– Manage project evaluation and feedback in construction
Optional – Group A:
– Prepare and agree on a brief and development programme in construction management
– Manage design development and processes in construction management
– Assess and evaluate the environmental impact of developments in construction management
– Evaluate sustainable resources and requirements
– Manage marketing and customer service in construction organisations
Optional – Group B:
– Establish project procurement arrangements in construction management
– Implement strategic sourcing partnerships in construction management
– Manage procurement processes in construction
– Prepare and submit estimates, bids and tenders in construction management
– Ensure that contracts are prepared, negotiated and concluded in construction
– Control organisational and project income and expenditure in construction management
Optional – Group C:
– Control projects outcomes in construction management
– Evaluate and progress the resolution of disputes in construction management
– Manage project completion in construction management
The Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management qualification also has one associated pathway:
– L7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management
This NVQ qualification requests the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competing against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.