This is the basic membership for buildings, facilities, and leisure centers. There are the number of areas that are required to be inspected by a qualified professional who is registered with IBSP or working for the organization he/she representing should have service membership. Number of areas which required to be inspected are as follow;
1. Entrance and Egress- Exit width and high should be reasonable to accommodate a number of footsteps in case of emergency.
2. Basic facilities such as access to clean drinking water, restroom, canteen area, clean toilets, and sports area if required.
3.Basic first Aid box check sheet and Inspection sheet.
4. Trained First Aid provider on site, not on call.
5. A clear Evacuation plan and trained Fire Warden.
6. Electronic People verification system should be in place.
7. Weekly fire alarm records and details of company monitor alarm.
8. Mock fire evacuation test.
9. Clear direction to the assembly point in case of an emergency.
10. At least the individual should be registered with IBS in the organization if the number of footsteps is below 250.
Please click here to find out the number of professionals who should be a member of the Institute of Buildings and Surveyors. Once the inspection is conducted and on a successful outcome Membership Level 1 Certificate will be awarded which will be validated for 1 year and a maximum of 2 years.